Thursday, July 31, 2008

Worshipping God No Matter What..

An interesting thing just happened right now. I was playing my guitar and singing praises to God when all of a sudden, my brother told me to shut up. He said that I was singing too loud, which I probably was. Still, I want to sing and just worship Him, in the quiet of my room. Ironically, I sense that my brother is somewhat even a hindrance to me. It saddens me that the joy of the Lord is not present in my household. Still, I will praise God because of all of the things He had done for me, and I pray that the joy of the Lord would be evident in this household. I have found the light of Christ, and I can't be any gladder than this! =]

Marvelous Light
Charlie Hall

Verse 1:
I once was fatherless, a stranger with no hope
Your kindness wakened me, wakened me from my sleep
Your love it beckons deeply, a call to come and die
By grace now I will come and take this life, take Your life

PreChorus:
Sin has lost it's power, death has losts its sting
From the grave You've risen victoriously

Chorus:
Into marvelous light I'm running
Out of darkness, out of shame, by the cross
You are the truth, You are the life, You are the way

Verse 2:
My dead heart is now beating, my deepest stains now clean
Your breath fills up my lungs, now I'm free, now I'm free

Tag:
Lift my hands and spin around, see the light that I have found
O the marvelous light, marvelous light!

1 comment:

Stephen Kim said...

=)
I love your heart to worship God, but at the same time, you want to win your brother to Christ...so if he doesn't understand why you sing, perhaps controlling the volume until he sees the light will help. Perhaps he needed some silence at the time...I don't know, but keep praying for him and loving him.