Sunday, July 27, 2008

Flee From Sexual Sin

First blog in this website.

I just have to say that I loved today's sermon. Pastor Stephen based today's sermon on 1 Kings 11: 1-3, which was primarily about Solomon's downfall in his life, mainly because of a sin that grasps and chokes the culprit: lust. Personally, I went through this myself, in an extreme way, so I was definitely able to relate this to myself. I notice that what I haven't done for the past couple of years of my life is to flee from this, and that was exactly what Pastor Stephen said to do. I wish that I've known this earlier, but now I know that my struggles in life eventually are for the glory of God, and now I'm on the verge of breaking free for the first time. I said this a lot throughout the past years, but this time I'm very sure of myself that through the grace of God, I will prevail and I will obtain freedom for the first time because of this verse:

Behold, I stand at the door and knock.

If anyone hears my voice and opens the door,
I will come in to him and dine with him,
And he with Me.
To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with Me on My throne,
As I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne.
-Revelation 3:20-21 (NKJV)



I will overcome.

I also liked how Pastor Stephen preached on the assurance of the "one" God will provide for us in our lives. I guess sometimes I forget and doubt this promise.

Most importantly, this sermon was so fitting because most of DEM came back from the retreat. I'm sick of spiritual highs and lows; I need my faith to be constant. So in order to do this, Pastor Stephen said to make a commitment to the Lord (generally) and most importantly, look to the cross. And so I will. Passionately.

1 comment:

Stephen Kim said...

The future is indeed bright for you Paul!
I believe God has great plans for your life. I'm not talking about just some generic plans, but I believe God will use you for His kingdom work--if you are willing to give Him your life.
Remember to defeat lust through grace. May the grace of God be your motivation...never legalism. Look to the cross, daily.

2 Timothy 21-22: Therefore if anyone cleanses himself from the latter, he will be a vessel for honor, sanctified and useful for the Master, prepared for every good work. 22 Flee also youthful lusts; but pursue righteousness, faith, love, peace with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart.