Monday, January 12, 2009

Accountability

Today was a blessing (although I was way beyond sick; I thought I was going to die lol.. just kidding =]).

Leadership meeting was great. We first spent some time talking about our feelings of Ava's recent death from meningitis. A lot of us stirred with passion to spread the gospel of Jesus Christ after this, I noticed. But I can't help but wonder where she went. I never knew her, so I know it's up to God, who will rightfully judge and punish if necessary. I liked Mee Young's comment on how fragile life is, and I couldn't possibly disagree with her. It's just so true; tomorrow is not guaranteed for anyone. This frailty of life stirred me even more passion in me to proclaim the good news. I pray Jesus Day will be a great opportunity to do so.

Some of us left early, narrowing down the size of the group to only four people. We decided to share our troubles and just pray for each other. That was truly a blessing to me. Being accountable for each other was something we always said we would do, but never really initiated. But for the first time, I felt that we leaders (at least) finally opened up to each other, and so we were able to pray for each other. I hope we can do this more often! =]

So for now, I need to sleep. I'm just so sick that I can't do any work. I ask that you guys pray that I would feel better. =]