Friday, September 26, 2008

Interesting

Oh man.
Lots of things happened this week that I just want to write about.

Well first off, Seekers had "See You at the Pole" last Wednesday. I was hardly ready for it; I simply knew that it was coming, and I didn't really prepare for it. However, on the day before this event, Will (President #1 of Seekers)told me that I was going to lead a sector of prayer, which was suffering. Interestingly, I read 1 Peter 1 as my daily devotion, which was all about dealing with suffering in our lives (this chapter was used in our latest retreat, remember?). So I was pumped for the upcoming day.
"See You at the Pole" came. And it went. I didn't even have much time to do my part of the prayer; I was pretty much rushed. And overall, prayer was taken lightly by everyone who came. There weren't even many people there. I prayed that God would move in our hearts to pray as His people, but even I was not able to, mainly because I was extremely tired. I was disappointed at the outcome of the event, and even myself. Something held me back to pray.

Sigh.

College stuff.
SATs.
W/e. I can't take these things too seriously, because I know eternity waits. I pray that eternity would weigh a heavier burden than all of these things in the world.

1 comment:

Stephen Kim said...

Dear Paul,

I appreciate your honesty. Yet, it does begin with us...as individuals. God is looking for a young man that would so trust in Him that He could reveal His glory to that individual.

You wrote: "I can't take these things too seriously, because I know eternity waits. I pray that eternity would weigh a heavier burden than all of these things in the world."

Wise words. Remember them.

God bless you this week. Start fresh. Stay focused on the eternal.